The moon takes its first steps in fiery Aries this morning, marking the beginning of a new lunar cycle. You should be feeling emotionally refreshed and ready to take on the world. The energy here is great for starting new projects, so if you’ve been putting aside certain tasks, now would be the time to pick them up and execute your plans.
This energy likes to move, so you’ll likely get a boost to your endurance as well. Your desire for adventure is highlighted now, which could lead to an impulsive excursion away from home. Humor your whims today, fleeting as they may be, and don’t be afraid to step out of your normal routine.
This afternoon, the moon cozies up to healing asteroid Chiron, and this aspect could go one of two ways. You could do a really great job of putting someone else’s needs ahead of your own, which could in turn leave you with the short end of the stick. Or you could finally give yourself permission to be a little bit selfish. This is the time to think about what you want and then act on it. It might feel unnatural to be so self-serving, but we all need to take time out for ourselves now and again. Just remember to be gentle with others when you’re letting them know it’s all about you right now!
We find some limits imposed on our freedom and independence today but the restrictions come with an important sense of clarity. Whether externally imposed or internally fostered, there is just the sort of self-control that helps us to stay focused and alert. Although we may not have as much detachment as we need to ward off the continuing sensitivity, we aren’t nearly as likely to lash out inappropriately when we think we being slighted. There is at least enough detachment to let others have whatever opinions they want — ‘water off a duck’s back’. With luck, we can begin to make a turn towards simple, ‘positive thinking’ that helps us to pare away complications and feel confident that we are on the right course.
Today is the 63rd day of 2022
15 days until Spring Equinox
65 days until Mercury Retrograde
302 days until 2023
Sun is in Pisces
Moon is in Aries
Mercury is in Aquarius
Venus is in Capricorn
Mars is in Capricorn
Jupiter is in Pisces
Saturn is in Aquarius
Uranus is in Taurus
Neptune is in Pisces
Pluto is in Capricorn
Chiron is in Aries
2022 LUNAR CALENDAR
3/2/2022 NEW MOON IN PISCES: Moon in Pisces has the greatest sensitivity and perceptiveness of surroundings. You can experience feelings of insecurity, be passive and only wait and see what happens in your life. If you engage in creative or spiritual search, you will benefit from great imagination of Pisces.
3/10/2022 FIRST QUARTER MOON IN GEMINI: Moon in Gemini manifests itself by the need for changes and spontaneity. Safety lies in thinking about your feelings and sharing them with others. You can be more talkative and speak with ease these days. You might have a better ability to keep a cool head, but beware, cold heart can discourage others. Harmony of thinking and feeling is important.
3/18/2022 FULL MOON IN LIBRA: Your feeling of safety is now related to order and clarity, even in emotions. You may have the need to organise everything chaotic and disorganized. Try being more tolerant and accept imperfections of life. It is better to trust life and let it run its own way, not everything must be according to our expectations.
3/25/2022 LAST QUARTER MOON IN AQUARIUS: ou might have a strong need for being useful to the society and you look for justification in the outside world. You may underestimate what you want from yourself and for yourself. Shyness may be accompanied by resentment of the fact that others ignore you. Do not seek approval from the outside, it will not help you get rid of your doubt and it is harmful to you. You have to trust your inner values.
The appearance of an obstacle in front of you offers you a choice— barrel into it and bang your head, or find your easiest way around it and don’t fight it. Are you exhausted by your efforts to break through an obstacle? Are you stubbornly insisting that there is only one way to remove it from your path? Rhino Spirit is here to tell you that sometimes the answer is “no,” sometimes it is “no, not yet,” and sometimes it is “no, not the way you think it should be.”
Open to new possibilities, and you will find other options begin to appear. Not every conflict is worth engaging in and not every obstacle is worth resisting head-on. Don’t waste energy banging your head against the wall.
- March 7 is Clean Monday. Also called Pure Monday, this day marks the beginning of Great Lent for followers of the Eastern Orthodox Christian Church. This day is similar to Ash Wednesday of the Western Church.
- March 8 is International Women’s Day, which is a day that not only celebrates the achievements of women and the progress made toward women’s rights, but also brings attention to ongoing struggles for equality around the world.
- March 13 is the start of Daylight Saving Time, which begins at 2:00 A.M. that day. If your area observes it, don’t forget to “spring forward” and set the clocks one hour ahead, or you may find yourself an hour late to everything!
- March 15 is the Ides of March! Legend surrounds this ill-fated day. Beware the Ides of March!
- March 17 is St. Patrick’s Day. According to folklore, folks wear a shamrock on St. Patrick’s Day because the saint used its three leaves to explain the Trinity.
- March 20 brings about the March equinox—also called the vernal or spring equinox in the Northern Hemisphere—marking the beginning of spring. In the Southern Hemisphere, this date marks the autumnal equinox and the beginning of fall. On this day, the Sun stands directly over Earth’s equator.
- March 29-31 are known as the Borrowing Days. According to lore, the last three days of March have a reputation for being stormy.