A new month means a new moon as we kick March off with a Pisces new moon on Wednesday. This gentle water sign allows us to smoothly enter the month with positivity as we get ready for spring. Spend the day doing random acts of kindness for others.
Mars moves into Aquarius on Saturday. After six weeks of hard work, we push practicality aside and take the road less traveled when it comes to our ambitions. Sure, our energy levels will be erratic and our methods unconventional, but at least things won’t be boring!
Also on Saturday, Venus finally leaves Capricorn and enters the sign of the Water Bearer. While happy to be out of deliberate Capricorn, the planet of love and beauty won’t find much relief in aloof and unemotional Aquarius. While it isn’t the most romantic month, this is an ideal time to make new friends and go to spontaneous social events. Have fun!
The Moon is void-of-course until 12:53 PM PST this afternoon. Today’s strong independent streak is deeply buried in determination and fixed purposes — many will feel that there’s little more to talk about. However, there are still important considerations to be sorted out and self-control is required to maintain a balanced, comprehensive approach. Tunnel vision is a distinct possibility but will come with serious pitfalls. Tomorrow morning’s Pisces New Moon (9:36 AM PST 12° Pisces) in a conjunction with Jupiter will help to broaden our perspective but we don’t quite have the whole picture yet.
Today is the 60th day of 2022
18 days until Spring Equinox
68 days until Mercury Retrograde
305 days until 2023
Sun is in Pisces
Moon is in Aquarius
Mercury is in Aquarius
Venus is in Capricorn
Mars is in Capricorn
Jupiter is in Pisces
Saturn is in Aquarius
Uranus is in Taurus
Neptune is in Pisces
Pluto is in Capricorn
Chiron is in Aries
2022 LUNAR CALENDAR
3/2/2022 NEW MOON IN PISCES: Moon in Pisces has the greatest sensitivity and perceptiveness of surroundings. You can experience feelings of insecurity, be passive and only wait and see what happens in your life. If you engage in creative or spiritual search, you will benefit from great imagination of Pisces.
3/10/2022 FIRST QUARTER MOON IN GEMINI: Moon in Gemini manifests itself by the need for changes and spontaneity. Safety lies in thinking about your feelings and sharing them with others. You can be more talkative and speak with ease these days. You might have a better ability to keep a cool head, but beware, cold heart can discourage others. Harmony of thinking and feeling is important.
3/18/2022 FULL MOON IN LIBRA: Your feeling of safety is now related to order and clarity, even in emotions. You may have the need to organise everything chaotic and disorganized. Try being more tolerant and accept imperfections of life. It is better to trust life and let it run its own way, not everything must be according to our expectations.
3/25/2022 LAST QUARTER MOON IN AQUARIUS: ou might have a strong need for being useful to the society and you look for justification in the outside world. You may underestimate what you want from yourself and for yourself. Shyness may be accompanied by resentment of the fact that others ignore you. Do not seek approval from the outside, it will not help you get rid of your doubt and it is harmful to you. You have to trust your inner values.
Are you feeling shaky because you have made a bold move and have not yet seen confirmation that everything is going to work out? Or is fear holding you back? Are you afraid to act until all risk of failure has been removed?
The moment when there is no risk whatsoever will never come, so follow the urging of your Panther Spirit within and look your fear in the eye. Have you ever heard the famous line “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself”? Stare down your fear, and it will retreat and make way for your courage to fill you head to toe.
Perhaps you are afraid you can’t trust the power that is rising in you, and you fear the qualities you will find within when you look deeply at why you resist the challenge before you. Every part of you, no matter how dark it may seem, has a light quality, so be bold and face it; own the light and make peace with your shadow. Spirit trusts you, so be brave and trust yourself.
- March 1 is Mardi Gras (aka “Fat Tuesday” or Shrove Tuesday), which is the final feasting day before the Christian tradition of Lent begins on the following day, Ash Wednesday (March 2, 2022).
- March 7 is Clean Monday. Also called Pure Monday, this day marks the beginning of Great Lent for followers of the Eastern Orthodox Christian Church. This day is similar to Ash Wednesday of the Western Church.
- March 8 is International Women’s Day, which is a day that not only celebrates the achievements of women and the progress made toward women’s rights, but also brings attention to ongoing struggles for equality around the world.
- March 13 is the start of Daylight Saving Time, which begins at 2:00 A.M. that day. If your area observes it, don’t forget to “spring forward” and set the clocks one hour ahead, or you may find yourself an hour late to everything!
- March 15 is the Ides of March! Legend surrounds this ill-fated day. Beware the Ides of March!
- March 17 is St. Patrick’s Day. According to folklore, folks wear a shamrock on St. Patrick’s Day because the saint used its three leaves to explain the Trinity.
- March 20 brings about the March equinox—also called the vernal or spring equinox in the Northern Hemisphere—marking the beginning of spring. In the Southern Hemisphere, this date marks the autumnal equinox and the beginning of fall. On this day, the Sun stands directly over Earth’s equator.
- March 29-31 are known as the Borrowing Days. According to lore, the last three days of March have a reputation for being stormy.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook!